Grow With Us
Municipal growth is guided by the Town of Coronach’s Official Community Plan. Commercial and residential land is available for development and we are committed to fostering sustainable growth. Industry diversification and attraction are strategic priorities locally and regionally.
The Coronach Business Hub was established to provide support to our local business owners and promote entrepreneurship in the community. It is a place for networking and training for our local and regional businesses to help them meet challenges and reach their goals.
The Business Hub is also the home of our Youth in Business Program. This program brings the local youth together to work on a group business or assist anyone looking to start up their own business.
To stay up to date on programming and events happening at the Business Hub join our Coronach Business Networking Group Facebook page or check out the local notices.
2016 Census Data
|2016 Census||Population||Median Age||Median Income ($)||Average Home Value ($)||Est. % of Housing & Farmland for Sale|
The added population from the five rural municipalities brings the overall population for the region to 4688 as per 2016 Census Data.
The Town of Coronach’s infrastructure is capable of comfortably maintaining a population of 1800 residents.
- Water Supply Source – 600,000 gallon wells
- Sewage – Lagoons
- Broadband – 450 MGB download speed
- Highway – located on secondary highway #18.
See map for Saskatchewan Highways Weigh Classifications
- Rail – 606 km shortline owned by Great Western Railway.
See map for Saskatchewan Rail Network
- US Border – Coronach is located 19 km north west of the Ports of Coronach & Scobey Montana. The Port of Scobey is located 22 km north of Scobey, MT which is approximately 150 km north of US #2 highway. Coronach is 85 km west of the Ports of Regway and Raymond Montana.
Learn more at www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
- Poplar River Power Station – operated by SaskPower and is located 10km southeast of Coronach. An integral part of the operation is the Morrison Dam, Cookson Reservoir and Poplar River Coal Mine. The power station incorporates two 300-megawatt steam turbine driven generators. The building has a ground floor of 72,658 square feet and is 246 ft high. The stack is 25 feet in diameter at the base and 400 feet in height.
- Poplar River Mine – owned and operated by Westmoreland Coal Company northeast of Coronach. It’s total coal production is used by the Poplar River Power Station for fuel. The lignite coal is exposed with two draglines. It is transported to the power station by a privately owned rail line.
Labour Force Data
There are employment opportunities at our two main industries in Town:
- SaskPower’s Poplar River Power Plant
- Westmoreland Coal Mining Company
|Workforce||Unemployment Rate||Size of Labour Force|
|Willow Bunch||8.8 %||155|
Source: Statistics Canada 2016
Coronach is located in the Brown Soil Zone. The rolling land is nearly all suitable for grain farming, although some areas are only suitable for grazing and ranching.
The land is mostly strip-farmed and is suitable for most Western Canadian crops such as durum, canola, oats, flax, rye, mustard, pulses and winter wheat. Some of the highest protein concentrated wheat in the world is grown in this area and it is a major supplier of pulses to the international market.
2019 Crop Yields:
- Canola: 31.4 bu/acre
- Pea 1350.5 lbs/acre
- Spring Wheat: 35.6 bu/acre
- Barley: 53.4 bu/acre
- Mustard: 625.8 lbs/acre
- Durum: 47 bu/acre
- Oats: 57 bu/acre
- Lentils: 1115 lbs/acre
- Flax: 23.6 bu/acre
Source: Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture, 2019 RM’s 10, 11, 12, 40, 42
Industries active in our community include:
- Automotive Services
- Beauty Salons
- Convenience Stores
- Gas Stations
- Grocery Store
- Massage Therapy
- Natural Health
- Specialty Shops
- Yard Maintenance
The community and trading area is also seeking people of all talents, bus drivers, cooks, servers, retail, farm hands, and hairdressers. Or be your own boss, provide locals with a niche service. Be the business that stands out in a crowd. We have a main street filled with opportunities – make your dream a reality!
Partnerships & Regional Economic Development
Coronach is a proud member of Saskatchewan South Ready (SSR) which is an economic partnership representing nine rural communities. SSR was created in 2020 to shine a spotlight on the unique opportunities our region offers new investors and their workforce. Visit https://southsaskready.ca/ for more information and opportunities for potential investors.
Commerical Real Estate for Sale
Click HERE to view commercial real estate listings in Coronach.
*Contact the Town Office at 306-267-2150 for information on privatley listed property*