CBSA service to the Scobey Border Station
Dear Mayor Schnell,
I am writing to advise you that in response to the restriction on discretionary travel related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Coronach, Saskatchewan border crossing – including CBSA service to the Scobey Border Station Airport – will be temporarily adjusting its hours as follows, effective July 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm EDT:
- Previous hours (7 days a week):
- 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (June 1 to Sept. 15)
- 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (Sept. 16 to Nov. 7)
- 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (Nov. 8 to the 2nd Saturday in March)
- New temporary hours (7 days a week):
- 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (June 1 to 1st Saturday in November)
- 10:00 am to 8:00 pm (1st Sunday in November up to the 2nd Saturday in March)
This temporary adjustment is necessary to improve our ability to respond to this extraordinary situation.
I recognize the inconvenience this may pose to some members of your community. This change is intended to be temporary in nature and will be reviewed once the public health situation improves and travel restrictions are lifted. The CBSA is committed to ensuring that Indigenous people continue to be able to move within and between their communities on both sides of the border, and are able to provide and access essential goods and services.
CBSA services at this location will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as the public health situation evolves.
Director, Southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan District, Prairie Region
Canada Border Services Agency / Government of Canada
Directeur, District du sud de l’Alberta et du sud de la Saskatchewan, Région des Prairies
Agence des services frontaliers du Canada / Gouvernement du Canada