In accordance with Sections 29 and 32 of The Planning and Development Act, 2007 (The Act), the Council of the Town of Coronach has prepared and adopted this Official Community Plan to provide the Town with goals, objectives and policies relating to approximately twenty years of future growth and development within the community.
Section 32 of The Act provides that the Official Community Plan is required to contain statements of policy with respect to:
(1) sustainable current and future land use and development in the municipality;
(2) current and future economic development;
(3) the general provision of public work;
(4) the management of lands that are subject to natural hazards, including flooding, slumping and slope instability;
(5) the management of environmentally sensitive lands;
(6) source water protection; and,
(7) the means of implementing the Official Community Plan.
The Province of Saskatchewan adopted the Statements of Provincial Interest Regulations effective 29 March 2012 applicable to community planning and development under Section 7 of The Act. Section 8 of The Act provides that every Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw must be consistent with the Statements of Provincial Interest Regulations.
In general the Statements of Provincial Interest Regulations address:
- Agriculture and Value-Added Agribusiness
- Biodiversity and Natural Ecosystems
- First Nations and Métis Engagement
- Heritage and Culture
- Inter-municipal Cooperation
- Mineral Resource Exploration and Development
- Public Safety
- Public Works
- Recreation and Tourism
- Residential Development
- Sand and Gravel
- Shore Lands and Water Bodies
- Source Water Protection