Save the Date – November 9th, 2020 Municipal Elections 2020
Nominations will be open from September 22nd to October 6th, 2020.
Notice of Nominations for Town Council. Nomination Day will take place on October 7th, 2020. We will accept Nominations at the Town office, with complete forms and a criminal record check for the upcoming election on October 7th, 2020 from 9am to 4pm.
Forms will be available at the Town office, 212 1 st Street East, Coronach, SK and on this page (see below).
For more information on what it means to run for municipal election, check here for some great information HERE.
Nomination papers must be signed by “at least five voters of the municipality or ward (if applicable), in a city, town or village with a population of less than 20,000” and the deadline for filing nomination papers is 4 p.m. on Nomination Day. (The Local Government Election Act, 2015)
You may be nominated for a term of 4 years on council if you meet the following requirements:
- is at least 18 years old on the day of the election.
- is not disqualified pursuant to this or any other Act.
- is a Canadian citizen at the time that he/she submits the nomination paper.
- has lived in Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately preceding the date on which he/she submitted the nomination paper, AND:
- has lived in that municipality, or on land now in that municipality, for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the date on which he/she submitted the nomination paper.
(The Local Government Election Act, 2015)
All Nominees will be required to present a recent criminal record check when their Nomination form and Nomination Acceptance form is submitted to the Town Administrator by 4pm on Nomination Day. The Town of Coronach requires a Criminal Record check to be submitted with the nomination form under Bylaw 9.2018.
Criminal Record checks are free at the RCMP Coronach Detachment.
To Vote in the Town of Coronach Municipal Election
To vote in a city, town or village election in Saskatchewan, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be at least 18 years of age and one of the following;
- have lived in Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately before election day and:
- lived in the municipality (or on land now in the municipality) for at least three consecutive months immediately before election day; or
- Be the owner of assessable land situated in the municipality (or land now situated in the municipality) for at least three consecutive months immediately before Election Day.
October 29 th , 2020 from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Advance polls for Municipal Elections will be held on at the Town office at 212 1 St Street East, Coronach, SK with physical distancing protocols in place.
November 9 th , 2020 from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm – Election Day is at the Town office at 212 1 St Street East, Coronach, SK with physical distancing protocols in place from 9:00 am to 8:00pm
November 10th 9:30 am – Election Results Announcement – The Chief Administrative Officer will announce the results at 9:30am at the Town office at 212 1 St Street East, Coronach, SK
New Council to be sworn in to office at the regular meeting of Council November 10th , 2020.
Notice of additional Council meeting with new council, November 17th for regular business.
To download forms please choose guest when asked to log in.