Youth in Business Manager Job Description
We are seeking a motivational, business, and entrepreneurial-minded person to oversee the Town of Coronach Youth in Business Program (YIB). The YIB program was established in early 2022 and we are looking for the right candidate to continue the program. This position will involve mentoring a group of youth to assist them in their business endeavors. Candidates must be available in the Coronach, SK area and able to meet with youth once a week with the rest of the hours being remote work with planning, and follow-up work. The YIB meets at the Town of Coronach Business Hub located on Centre Street.
This is a yearly contract position that will start April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024 with the potential to be renewed. The person reports to the Community Development Officer, who in turn reports to the Town of Coronach.
The responsibilities include:
- Guide and organize youth as they explore the idea and meaning of entrepreneurism and the world of business
- Organize weekly meetings to plan and work on projects the youth are completing
- Research new ideas and provide motivation and creativity
- Source product and anything related to their business endeavor(s)
- Coordinate speakers and information sessions to provide an educational aspect
- Help market and assist youth in attending tradeshows or events to promote their products/services
- Be responsible for organizing travel to conferences or training sessions that are of value to the youth along with attending
- Network and develop relationships with the local business community to
promote the program and collaboration
This role will be a flexible part-time position with around 8 hours/week. Wage will be between $20-$25/hr based on experience.
To check out the products the YIB are currently making check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088302740643
Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2023.