The Town of Coronach and RM of Hart Butte No. 11 are excited to announce the launch of “Reimagining the Reservoir”, an engagement program that along with an Economic Analysis, will support the development of a Master Plan for a tourism-oriented development within ~50 acres of land and waterfront, which includes the existing Poplar River Community Park.
The project, which will explore future opportunities for the existing campground at the reservoir (“the dam”), is in alignment with the region’s Economic Action Plan as well as the Town of Coronach’s Economic Transition Project
A Steering Committee made up of individuals from the Poplar River Community Park, the Town of Coronach, the RM of Hart Butte and the South Saskatchewan Regional Economic Partnership (SSREP), are working with a team of consultants to prepare a Master Plan and Economic Analysis for the site, which we anticipate presenting to both Councils in July 2021.
Reimagining the Reservoir: making “the dam” a more desirable, successful and fun place to stay and play.
- Enhance and potentially expand the existing campground to attract more visitors to the site and surrounding area.
- Make “the dam” a more well-known, attractive, cohesive, vibrant, fun and successful site.
- Improve signage and explore connections within “the dam” and to Coronach.
- Take full advantage of and promote the water for various activities.
- Assist in making the Coronach and RM a tourism destination for the region.
- Collaborate and involve key stakeholders and community members throughout the process.
- Determine and provide the necessary infrastructure to support enhancements, including water, sanitary, power, etc.
- Explore opportunities for year-round accommodation and use.
- Explore opportunities for the currently vacant portions of the site.
- Create a more visitor and user-friendly site through improved services, amenities and wayfinding.
- Include more trees within the site.
- Explore the opportunity to create a marina with rental options.
- Increase the number of visitors to the site and the region.
The Town of Coronach and R.M. of Hart Butte are committed to ensuring key stakeholders and community members are provided multiple opportunities to participate in Reimagining the Reservoir.
- Phase 1 Engagement (WE ARE HERE)
As community members and existing users of the Poplar River Community Park, your ideas and aspirations are extremely valuable to the project team as we begin to draft a Master Plan for the site.
Please complete the following survey
- Phase 2 Engagement (June 2021)
Once the project team has reviewed feedback received in Phase 1, we will prepare a draft Master Plan which we will present to the community in June 2021. A COVID-safe information session will be held to share the Master Plan and supporting information with the community. Details regarding this event will be posted on the website as they are confirmed.